Saturday 15 March 2014

CTS#68

Hi everyone.

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend!!  We've got a beautiful autumn day here in George.

Before I show you my card I want to tell you what my dear friend Angela Bode has done for me.  Many of you will know Angela from SCS and her blog I would rather be stamping.  Well, I could not get hold of vellum in SA and I so love the look of it on the cards you all make with vellum on it.
I asked Angela if she could maybe sent me some from America and she was willing to do that for me.   She has sent me 2 pgk with 25 pages each!!  And what's more, she added lovely little crafting 'goodies' for me as well!!  (you will see some of it on my cards in my next post).  Angela, you're the best my friend!!  -  thank you so very, very much for doing this for me and I hope the 'goodie box' that I have sent you to show how much I appreciate what you did, will not take to long to reach you!!
Please hop on over to Angela's blog and have a look at the lovely cards she makes.

So here's my first card using some of the vellum Angela has sent me.  It is my entry for the current sketch challenge over at the CAS(E) this Sketch Blog.


 



I've used a small piece of paper from the 'Far Away' range by Teresa Collins and a manila tag.  I heat embossed the sentiment on the vellum using white embossing powder.  The sentiment is in Afrikaans and says 'Congratulations'.  The leaf stamp is from the 'Bloom & Grow' set by Verve and it was cut with the coordination die from the 'A CUT above DIES' range by Verve.  The little daisy was cut with the 'Flower Trio & Leaf Trio' dies from the Die-namics range by MFT,  The boderpunch I've used is by American Crafts.  Added a twine bow and some silver rhinestones and it was done!!

That's it for now, will be back later with cards I've made with some of the vellum Angela sent me.

Thanks for popping in and have a great weekend!!
Kind regards
Petra

15 comments:

Diane said...

What a gorgeous card design Petra.

Hugs diane

MaryH said...

So very pretty Petra. Love how you combine these layers, with the banners, & then add in the lovely diecuts. Aren't cardmakers the most generous of people? How kind of your friend to help you with the vellum. TFS her link and I'll go check it out. Happy wkend, and TFS such a gorgeous card. Hugs

Anita in France said...

I love these fabulous neutral colours, Petra ... all so beautifully layered ... sooo pretty! Cardmaking buddies are just the best aren't they ... so thoughtful and generous! Looking forward to seeing vellum appear regularly! Anita :)

Maria said...

Beautiful, Petra! Love all the layers and the sweet banners! Have a great weekend!:-)

stampingbowd said...

Hello dear friend!!! Gorgeous card!!! I love your vellum tag! Beautiful take on the sketch! Love your leafy branch in black! Terrific! You are such a sweetie! Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

Another really lovely card Petra. I love all of the layering and texturing you have done. White embossing on vellum is a favourite technique of mine. Hugs x

Anonymous said...

Another really lovely card Petra. I love all of the layering and texturing you have done. White embossing on vellum is a favourite technique of mine. Hugs x

Anonymous said...

Another really lovely card Petra. I love all of the layering and texturing you have done. White embossing on vellum is a favourite technique of mine. Hugs x

Unknown said...

Hi Petra - it just goes to show what goes round comes round! Good turns deserve good turns in return. I am sure Angela is going to love her "goodie box" just like I did! Fabulous card and love what you've done with the vellum - I can see you're going to make very good use of it.

Hugs.

Karen xxx

chilli pip said...

Great news you must have been so excited ... i love craft parcels even when I am buying them myself.
love your layers I try and do them but they never look natural like yours ...however will keep trying

Laurie Unger said...

Loved your additions to the sketch - it really makes it stand out and it's beautiful!

Hannelie said...

Ek kan nog nie my kop by mekaar kry vir die een nie!
Jou weergawe van die skets is eksie perfeksie!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! Love that patterned paper and the sprinkling of bling. Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Chrissy Larson said...

Love all the layers and what a great color palette! GORGEOUS!

Michelle said...

A beautiful card….. love the patterns, textures and layering!