Tuesday 4 February 2014

RS#100!!

Hi everyone!!

I can not believe that 3 months have passed since I did my last post!!!  I was busy with so many things I just could not find the time to make cards.  What great fun I had visiting everybody's blogs last night and that was enough motivation to make two cards this morning.  The first card is one for the current sketch over at the retrosketches blog.

Before I show you my card I want to tell you about the sweet little visitor I had, inspecting my card.
I had my card ready to photograph when a juvenile Fiscal Shrike came and sit right next to the card.  And then ...hop, hop, hop and jumped right onto my card!  I could not believe my eyes.  (Nowadays I use a bit of tick tack to make sure the wind does not blow my card into the fish pond below - it did happen once before!!  ...so thanks to the tick tack my card could stay in place with a Fiscal Shrike sitting on it!)  My DH and eldest son are keen birders and they feed the birds cheese on a daily basis - they would come and sit on your hand to collect some cheese.  This little guy was most probably wondering where it's cheese was!!  He hopped off the card, turned around and off it went - it was so exciting and luckily I had the camera ready to take some photo's!

Here's the little guy (and my card!):

 
 

 
 





And here's my card after my friend left:
 
 
 
and the sketch:
 

For my card I used some dry wall tape on the black strips and the blossoms were cut with the MFT 'Flower Trio & Leaf Trio' die set from the Die-namics range.  The flourish is just a small piece of the 'Leaf-Filled flourish', also by MFT.  The small piece of chevron paper is by Simple Stories from their 24/SEVEN range.  The black twine is from a local bead shop and is used to make jewelry (I think!!), but I find it perfect for cards (and what's more - it's very cheap!!).  The sentiment stamp is from the 'You & I' set by Verve and the chevron stamp is form the 'Borderline' set, also by Verve.

Thanks for visiting, I would love you to leave a comment and hope to see you again soon!

Regards!
Petra.
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


15 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Great card, but you should get an award just for taking this picture!!!!

Heather said...

LOVE your card - and so does he! Perfect timing!

Lea Lawson said...

Such a pretty card...I love the colors! And I can't get over the bird....how funny!! {And awesome...lol!}

Thanks for all the super nice comments on my blog today....each one has made me smile!! Have a lovely day!

paperandflair said...

I love you card! The flowers are perfectly placed =)

Sharon said...

Welcome back my friend and thanks for going back 3 months to leave comments on my blog... shew!! I enjoyed reading every single one. You are too kind. What a lovely card and that bird provided the perfect opportunity to take such unique photographs. Lovely! big hugs Sharon xx

Hannelie said...

Kan jy glo! So hans! Ek het die voeltjies hier in ons tuintjie begin voer... sade, die voëls hier eet nie oorskiet brood nie!!!
Die geel en groen aksente helder jou kaartjie so mooi op!
BAie mooi!

chilli pip said...

Good to see you back again with a lovely card and a really good photo moment.

Sandi said...

That's amazing. The bird really liked your card1!! Your card is so bright and cheery with that yellow. We need a little sun here!!!

Laura said...

Wow! He's a handsome chap!
Lovely card
Laura
x

Michelle Lupton said...

Lovely card, and such a cool photo!

Kylie said...

Wow, your little friend is gorgeous! How wonderful he stayed around so you could take his photo. Your card is beautiful too. :)

Kylie said...

Wow, your little friend is gorgeous! How wonderful he stayed around so you could take his photo. Your card is beautiful too. :)

Deni(se) said...

Truly lovely card, but I have to admit seeing the bird on it made me curious to read more! You must have been thrilled and lucky to have the camera so close. But now to the card (LOL), the design is great and I'm inspired by your use of the drywall tape and jewelry cord. Creative ideas all ...

Unknown said...

Love the card and of course, your bird prop is awesome! What a charming little guy!

stampingbowd said...

Wow!!! the card design is fabulous! LOVE the dry wall tape like that. I am going to remember that!!! Your chevrons look fabulous. Great card.

Wow! Great shots of the bird! I am scrolling down your blog so I saw the black bird first and wondered how on earth the card didn't fall over when he hopped on it. Now I know!!!! This is awesome!