Thursday 13 February 2014

Retrosketches#101

Hi everyone!

Today I'm bringing you a card I've made following the current sketch over at the Retrosketches Blog.  The sketch is by Kasia and when I first saw it I thought this was going to be a tough one, but once I got started it was fun all the way! 

Here's my card:


and this is Kasia's sketch:


For my card I have used striped paper by My Mind's Eye and I have dry-embossed the white stripe at the top with an EF from Cuttlebug.  The leaf stamp is from the 'Bloom & Grow' set by Verve and I've used the coordinating die to cut the leaf.  The flowers were cut with the 'Flower Trio and Leaf Trio' die set from the Die-namics range by MFT.  The sentiment stamp is from a local craft shop, Great Impressions, and it is in Afrikaans (my home language) and says 'Thank you very much'.
I've added a doiley and some ribbon and two buttons and a twine bow.  Rounded it all off with a few black rhinestones. 

That's my card for today. 

Thanks for popping in and have a lovely day!!

Regards
Petra

11 comments:

Bernadette Bliss said...

Petra, I'm over here from Retro Sketches. This card is absolutely stunning! I love everything about it. Bernadette

PiecesbyEmily said...

Your card is so pretty, Petra. I love all the layers and the pretty colors.

Unknown said...

This is such a pretty card Petra. I just love the colours you've used and all the elements go together so well.

Karen x

Sharon said...

Love the pretty blues you've used Petra. Another stunning design. hugs Sharon x

Anita in France said...

This is so pretty, Petra ... such wonderful interest in all the textures and layers! Anita :)

Anonymous said...

Die kaartjie lyk so koel en die uitleg is so treffend. Pragtig Petra!
Amelia

Hannelie said...

Petra jy het HOPE talent vrou!
Dis pragtig... ek voorspel n wenner hier!

stampingbowd said...

So beautiful!!!! Love the banners, the doily...well everything about this!!! Love the sweet buttons and awesome sentiment!

stampingbowd said...

So beautiful!!!! Love the banners, the doily...well everything about this!!! Love the sweet buttons and awesome sentiment!

Marianne said...

so'n mooi kaart

chilli pip said...

This is a stunning card I love everything about it especially those stripes . Bootiful